New From Sault Ste Marie,Ontario

speyrod1

Reaction score
I stumbled across this site and decided to become a member as its tough to find a good selection of reads
Im an avid steelheader and have been for over 40 years now i chase them with a speyrod after using pretty much everyother tactic possible that is or was legal
Im also a Fly Fishing store owner and guide on the world reknownd St Marys rapids and i dont mind sharing info as to whats happening on the rapids so if you have any questions feel free to ask

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Speyrod1,

Welcome to NAFFF. I hope you enjoy your time here. We have a bunch of Steelhead fishers on the forum. Thanks for your generous offer of information about your area.

Frank

burk48237

Reaction score
Welcome, I'll be up there next Tuesday fishing Atlantics with Brad Petzke on the MI side. And I'll probably be back up in mid Sept. chasing Pinks on the Garden. Beautiful Country.

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Speyrod1,

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. I hope to learn more about the ins and outs of spey casting from you and others on the board.

Sounds like you're in beautiful country-- looking forward to hearing more about it and the fishing up there.

mark

speyrod1

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and stop in anytime or shoot me an email for info ive got a good place for people to stay at very reasonable rates (not my place) :p

nathanmayl

Reaction score
I will be making a trip to the Garden River on Sept. 13 -19.
I do not tie and would like to buy some flies you might recommend from your fly shop.
I will be up in the Indian reservation.
I am usually a Florida flats fisher, but am learning spey.
Thanks for any info.
Please reply directly to nathanmayl@hotmail.com
Thanks
Doc Nate

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Spey,

I probably won't be stopping by in the near future but I'm glad you found this forum to be of interest. Please feel free to post pictures of your area and the fish on the "Show us your photography" thread / sticky

I know that many of the members here really enjoy seeing different places and I will enjoy seeing your rivers. I love the Great Lakes region.

Welcome,

Ard