caddis larva-

cicvara

Reaction score
-Hi,I asked where to put the larvae mine but I found, if there is already a block and let a moderator move. Thanks. I hope you like it.

-hook:14
-thread:8/0
-Tail: duck
-body: thread+ lead 0.15 + crystal flash + dubing hemp +wool
-hack: quail
-head: dub mix.

-when you get wet you can see a little crystal flash-

www.musicarenje.rs

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

-All the Hook 14th

-together

Jackster

Reaction score
Wait a minute... did he say hemp is part of the pattern? :wow:

cicvara

Reaction score
Wait a minute... did he say hemp is part of the pattern? :wow:
-Yes,hemp is an excellent material for the larvae and some dry flies, fly tyer from Bosnia them work well, to their old flies(kudeljarke), hemp does get wet when you get excellent color and transparency, if you can show you some flies from hemp.
(may not understand, it's the same material as masters of the place when you connect the water pipes, I create a picture today and I will ask.)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
cicvara: Very nice work on the caddis larva. Do you find the colored ones fish any better than the plain ones?

Larry

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Cicvara: Here is my attempt at tying a Caddis Lara like your first pattern, I didn't have the same materials, but wanted to give it a try anyway. I crowded the eye on the second fly a bit! Argh!

Larry

kelkay

Reaction score
those later ones you did were almost like a scud, but very unusual, and I loved them a lot too

Pocono

Reaction score
Cicvara,

That first fly at the top of your first post is an absolute knock-out; probably one of the nicest caddis larvae pattterns that I've ever seen! Could you do a step-by-step photo "how to tie" for that pattern? Also, how do you combine the hemp/flash/wool?

Thanks,

Pocono