Hello

gila steve

Reaction score
I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself,Im Steve and im in my early 50s and i live in South West New Mexico. I have been fishing since i can remember thanks to my Dad and Uncles. I bought my first flyrod (a new Eagle Claw Wright McGill trail master with a well used shakespeer reel) when i was 11 or 12 and i still fish with that old rod,It has a Martin reel on it now tho.
My Favorite place to fish is the Middle Fork of the Gila River but i enjoy fishing any of the Gila Trout waters .
I am a Drip irrigation system designer and i also run Bear and Lion Hounds and love to hunt aswell as shoot long range rifles.
I have enjoyed reading the forum for a while now so thought i better join.
Thanks for taken the time to read this.
Steve

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Hi Steve
I still have an old Wright&McGill Feather Light paired up with a Martin Classic that I often use as well.
Welcome to the group.
:welcomean

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Steve: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your participation and hearing about your fishing exploits!

Larry

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Nothing beats old tackle and I'm kinda funny about new stuff. Hope you become a regular poster because it sounds like you have a wealth of experience to share. Just think of us as your fishing buddies that you just met.

Ard

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome Steve

Lot of good folks with many lifetimes of experience to share hang out here everyday.

Glad to have you on board.

Dave

gila steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys i appercaite it!
Hardy i agree the newest fly rod & reel that i own is about 25 years old.My boys call me an old fart but i have been an old fart since i was about 20 lol.
Thanks again guys
Steve