Howdy y'all!

devildog83

Reaction score
I figured I would introduce myself to my new forum family. The knowledge on here for this noob is unbelievable. I've built custom rods for several years and never had a reason to build fly rods until I had a few customers ask for them. Well I couldn't resist building myself one as well. I love fishing and hopefully saltwater fly fishing will be another tool for the armory!

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi devildog83,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time on NAFFF and get to know some of our really nice and knowledgeable members.

Frank

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Hey Devildog, welcome to the forum. You're going to have a blast in SW with a fly rod. You've got tons of stuff to chase down there, and most of them pull pretty hard.

There are bunch of folks on here that build fly rods so check out the rod building forum if you haven't already.

Keep us posted on your progress, and holler if you have questions.

devildog83

Reaction score
Diver Dan I am still in. I would have put teufelhunden as the name but No one would have known what I was talking about. Thanks for the welcome I am enjoying it already!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Devildog83: Welcome to the forum and the service to our great country! Looking forward to seeing some of your rods and FF stories.

Larry

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dog,

Hope you don't mind but I always take a short cut on the handles around here. In your neck of the woods Tarpon would be on the action list if I were there. Do you know where any of them live?

Welcome to the group,

Ard

devildog83

Reaction score
Hi Dog,

Hope you don't mind but I always take a short cut on the handles around here. In your neck of the woods Tarpon would be on the action list if I were there. Do you know where any of them live?

Welcome to the group,

Ard
Alright then Mr. Reels:D!We have a short run of them every year around August and have a few spots to hook up with a few. My family in Wasilla is still complaining of the chilly weather and my slow rod building process of their rods( They only ordered 12:eek:)
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been warm (mid 70's) here for a week or more. They must be pullen your leg, two days ago I was roasting on one of the rivers and got a sunburn to boot!

You can call me Ard............

devildog83

Reaction score
It has been warm (mid 70's) here for a week or more. They must be pullen your leg, two days ago I was roasting on one of the rivers and got a sunburn to boot!

You can call me Ard............
It's been about a month since I last spoke to them, I guess a lot has changed. I guess it is time to head north!