New performance hunting/fishing clothing

dean_mt

Reaction score
I thought I would share a wonderful new company that makes exceptional clothing. It is called KUIU Ultralight Hunting. It is made for the mountain hunter but it is just plain great outdoor clothing, everything comes in their proprietary camo pattern, called Vias, and solid colors as well.

The company was started by Jason Hairston, the founded Sitka Gear. He knows what he's doing and the customer service is exceptional. The best part about KUIU is that it's sold only online. By cutting out the middle man the prices are very reasonable for the quality. It's not cheap, mind you, but much less expensive than Sitka. It is on par with Patagonia in quality and a little less expensive.

I own the guide jacket, a truly great soft-shell coat, perfect for spring and fall fishing. And anything else you do outside. The fit is exceptional. Everything is built as a layering system, from merino to the shell. I just added the insulation layer jacket and it is perfect as well. I know you fish, but if you hunt too, this stuff is worth the investment, in my opinion.

Check it out: KUIU | Ultralight Hunting

gatortransplant

Reaction score
I love my Sitka gear, so I'll have to check out this stuff when the money comes in (this tends to be my refrain, however...)

Nevertheless, thanks for the info Dean! I always love buying new hunting camo, and if I can multi-purpose it, it's even better! Scent protection be damned :D