5 boros fly fishing in NYC?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Recent flooding could not have been helpful but almost 30 years ago I fished for and caught brook trout on LI in Carmen's River. Quite the history of fishing trout on LI.

theboz

Reaction score
Grew up fly fishing the 5 boroughs and L.I. . Endless opportunities. Try the Connetquot out in Oakdale,LI.. If you decide what you want to go for PM me and I'm sure I'll be able to hook you up.

swirlchaser

Reaction score
Grew up fly fishing the 5 boroughs and L.I. . Endless opportunities. Try the Connetquot out in Oakdale,LI.. If you decide what you want to go for PM me and I'm sure I'll be able to hook you up.
They stopped stocking the Conne when they closed the hatchery. It still holds fish but the $20 fee to fish is alot harder to swallow now...:mad:

randyflycaster

Reaction score
Please be advised that the Harlem Meer in Central Park, because of weed growth, has become unfishable most of the season. (It's okay in April and May, though.)

Your best best is probably Prospect Park in Brooklyn, and some of the lakes in Staten Island.

What has really improved is our striped bass fishing. We have a lot of new piers on the west side of Manhattan.

Randy