winter is here again

wabi

Reaction score
While the wife is in the kitchen getting the Thanksgiving dinner ready I'm online looking for fly fishing related information to read. :thumbsupu

Found a thread with some flies that looked like they just might induce a bluegill to bite, so I tied up my imitation of what was pictured. Just a bit of silk floss and a deer hair wing, but it might work.

Now if I could only try them out and see if the 'gills like their looks........
Well, the lakes aren't ice covered yet, and I know I'll be ready to get outside after we eat, so I may find out later today. :D

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Heck Mike, you've got it made there. I've been up baking pumpkin pies since 6:30 AM and am about to go start making the stuffing for the bird............... You've tied up some great looking Caddis there and those will catch darn near anything with fins. If your ponds are still open I would go fishing. Everything is frozen here and has been for a few weeks now. Kenai still has open water but it's almost 300 miles and the weather is gonna have to take a drastic turn before I take a rod and go outside. This is the time of year when I work on my snow plowing skills and dig out the really warm clothing :D

Happy T. day,

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike: Nice work on those flies, they should be very effective. Everything here is frozen solid execpt for the tailwaters. Good luck and be sure to post a report on your results.

Larry

wabi

Reaction score
Went out, but the recent rain had the water so stirred up I didn't have any luck. Not really worried about the fly being the cause for lack of success, though.
It still felt good to get out and give it a try. :D

fire instructor

Reaction score
What do you mean, you "didn't have any luck"??? You got out!! I (and others) didn't! A bad day fishing is still much better than a good day working! - Or participatin in "FFF" (forced family fun). LOL!!