Gearing Up

Which rod would you choose?

• Lamiglas - ISI 908 - $350 - [url]http://www.lamiglas.com/prod_indiv.php?groupid=68[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pinkygonzales

Reaction score
Alright folks, here's the skinny.

I was blessed with the good fortune to have a cousin in the "outdoor" business who is going to hook me up with a pretty incredible Abel reel (Super Series 7/8N)

I have a total budget of about $350 for a complimentary rod. In terms of retail, it would appear that these are my choices. Which way would you go?

I would also love to hear why if you have the time - and by all means let me know if you have a used 9' #8 rod of this quality or better within my budget.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I couldn't fit the full name & link of the Loomis. It's the:

Pro4x - $350 - PRO4x

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Pinky,

Tell people where you are at and what you will be fishing for. Also whether you like dries, streamers, nymph, or all, as your perfered type fishing.

Ard

pinkygonzales

Reaction score
Thanks Ard!

I'm in Portland, OR, fishing the Sandy & Clackamas rivers primarily. Steelhead, chinook & coho are the name of the game with this rig, but I must confess that I am brand new to fly fishing on this scale. Bigger flies & sink tip will probably be par for the course.

I'm looking for the best 9' #8 rod I can find in the ~$350 range.

Looking forward to learning a ton from other members of the forum.

Thanks!

caseywise

Reaction score
Pinky,

Tell people where you are at and what you will be fishing for. Also whether you like dries, streamers, nymph, or all, as your perfered type fishing.

Ard
good advice from ard as usual:D members here will have a much better idea of what might fit your needs based on that.

casey

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi pinkygonzales,

Here is a little tip on posting links just incase you don't know about the link tool.

The best way to post links is to use the Link Tool at the top of the edit window.

Here is how to use the link tool.

1. Copy your address location.

2. Highlight the words you want to use for the link.

3. Click the Link Tool and a address window will open.

4. Paste the address into the address window and click OK.

The words you selected for the link will now be an active link to the location you want the viewer to visit.

Frank

mikel

Reaction score
I have no input on the rods themseves, but just finished reading a disturbing post re the Loomis warranty service on another forum. Before buying you might explore that further...-Mike

edit...actually it was a thread with 21 responses, and counting....not just a single post...-m