Steve "oaktree" from Kansas

oaktree

Reaction score
Good day fly fish lovers. Let me first say that I have been fly fish for 15 years, fly tying five years and still on learn curve. Looking forward to meet all fly fishing lovers in Kansas, U.S. and neighbors.

Giver you some info about me. I do have a B.S degree in Wildlife biology with an emphasis in range ecology from Fort Hays State University. Currently, I am working on getting into grad school for teaching and working at Cabelas (not yet open until March of 2012) in the fly fishing department. I WILL NOT do any solicitation of Cabela's on here, but will use this BBS as a source of info regarding of fly fishing in cold and warm water fishing. If any of you are in Wichita area, feel free to say "Hello". Let me repeat this once again, I will not do any solicitation of cabela's.

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Steve

If Cabelas does offer a 75% off sale on Sage rods you will let us know right. :D

Dave

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Steve: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading your posts and fishing adventures in Kansas.

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Hey Steve welcome to the forum and make yourself at home here.

Since you mentioned you tie, we have all kinds of fly swaps that we run all year that are open to all regardless of experience and/or tying ability etc, so if you see any in the fly swap forum that float your boat feel free to jump in.

oaktree

Reaction score
Hey Steve welcome to the forum and make yourself at home here.

Since you mentioned you tie, we have all kinds of fly swaps that we run all year that are open to all regardless of experience and/or tying ability etc, so if you see any in the fly swap forum that float your boat feel free to jump in.
Yes, i will post some of the fly. Thx sir.

Davo

Reaction score
Steve

Welcome to the Forum. I'm currently in Jackson Hole were I've been for the last 18yrs, But due to lack of employment I may be moving the family property outside Wichita in a little town called Garden Plain. If I end up making the move I'll give you a shout for some local fishing knowledge. If not and you make travel time to the Rockies you can give me a shout.

Look forward to you contributions here!!

Davo