A Coward Strikes

littledavid123

Reaction score
My Cascapedia 8-10 "Made in England" fly reel has been stolen. Was displayed behind my desk on the bookshelf. It never occurred to me that a gutless coward would have the intelligence to know what was sitting there. Being able to look up during a particularly hard day and be inspired to work a little longer to retire a little sooner always put a smile on my face.

Anyone afraid to work for what they desire but willing to harm another to fulfill, is a coward.

Dave

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave,

This is shocking! Are you saying that this occurred at your place of work? I know how much you liked that reel and since you are working so far from your home I understand why you had it with you.

dean_mt

Reaction score
Wow Dave, really sorry to hear that. Are you going to try to figure out who done it? I mean, there must be someone that has heard or seen something...

littledavid123

Reaction score
Wow Dave, really sorry to hear that. Are you going to try to figure out who done it? I mean, there must be someone that has heard or seen something...

I work with a group of honorable people, if any suspicious activity were seen it would have been stopped in its tracks.

Dave

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try (without becoming obsessed) to figure out when the theft occurred and to narrow down a list of suspects. Obviously there is at least one dishonorable in the lot.........

theboz

Reaction score
Terrible! Sucks when it happens where you know people! Had a break in years ago only took the good equipment like they knew just what to steal. Hope you catch them and disgrace them !

rvc

Reaction score
What wt bash said. I've had something like this happen before, in a place with honorable co-workers, and it turned out to be the night cleaning crew.

willyfish

Reaction score
This makes me boil! I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. Try to get it back. They will probably put it up for sale check listings.

pa dave

Reaction score
Thieves tend to be greedy and dumb. Set a hidden IR trail camera and put out another reel (cheap, of course). If they think they got away with one, they will usually try again. Just a thought.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
A man that would steal another man's fishing gear is about as low as they can go. This incident of yours boggles my mind as to the 'why' they felt the need to do this.

Good luck with this situation. I DO know the anger you feel,,,having had my house robbed once. I never was so angry and distraught ,,and feeling victimized...in my entire life.

I honestly pray you discover the identity of this person and have YOUR chance to look him directly in his eyes.

Michael