I went trout fishing ( LOTS of pictures!! )

stl_geoff

Reaction score
So if you read the warmwater forum, you know Im usually down in my local storm drain golden bonein'. Well, believe it or not, I do go after trout. This week I needed a break from everything. I played hookie from work, let the baby at the babysitters and I went trout fishing.

Let me tell you about trout in MO. We have trout parks, which can be elbow to elbow fishing, then we have blue, red and white ribbon streams. Blue ribbons are my favorite since they are totally wild, naturally reproducing rainbows. The creeks are small, GIN clear ( thats an understatement ) and full of brush. The fish were small yet very eager. One was caught on about every other cast, I couldnt take pictures of them all, so I gathered shots of the best. Please enjoy in my pleasure of the day.

First fish of the day and in this creek ever for me.

and another

ooooo getting bigger

so pretty

about average size

bleeding shiners. also a fun little fish we have in MO

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Getting bigger yet

herro there!

cant beat this color

ah yes..

photos getting better

look how clear that water is

Last fish of the day. 10". Way to close it out.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

One more post, this will be scenery only.

So clear...

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats on the great day on the water, definitely worth skipping a day at work! Those trout were gorgeous!

stl_geoff

Reaction score
It was so worth a day off work. In 2 weeks I'll be at another blue ribbon stream with some potential for big browns. Then two weeks after that i'll be deer hunting and it just so happens that there is another tiny blue ribbon stream across the road from my hunting property. Darn the luck.

theboz

Reaction score
All very beautiful! What a great way to spend a day. Love those little wild guys! Great post!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Besides the trout even the shiner looked cool!

littledavid123

Reaction score
WOW, have never fished a small stream and after seeing your pics I want to go bad.

Great post and thanks for sharing.

Dave

mysticm

Reaction score
Geoff - Thanks for sharing the excellent pictures. I love the clarity of the underwater shots. I am always amazed that the little ones can still go after & ingest such a large fly.

stlskyline

Reaction score
Nice pics, I would have to say Little Piney(Lane Spring) or Mill Creek, either way great looking fish and photos. Any planned trips coming up? Remember deer season is coming up in MO so no wearing antlers!

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Nice pics, I would have to say Little Piney(Lane Spring) or Mill Creek, either way great looking fish and photos. Any planned trips coming up? Remember deer season is coming up in MO so no wearing antlers!
You are correct , Mill Creek. First time at this creek and it was wonderful. I do have trips planned coming up. This weekend I'll be on the current hucking meat at staging browns, the reports are good and mice are tied ;)

Deer season starts Nov 10, I'll be at my property in Bourbon hopefully sleeping comfortably in a tree with an M1, ha. Once the morning hunt time is done, I plan to walk across the street and fish Blue Springs Creek.

golfnfish

Reaction score
Beautiful and very nice pics! That little shiner looks a lot like what we call warpaint shiners locally. They thrive in the trout streams and generally like the same feeding lanes as the trout. They can become a real nuisance when fishing with drys as they like to nip at the hackle of drys on a dead drift and pull them under.

Thanks for the report!