Merry Christmas

bigshayne

Reaction score
So I joined last week and have spent quite a few hours trolling through the posts. From what I can tell there is not a lot of anglers from the Central Oregon area on here, but I'll try to represent.

And since I am still alive today (world not ending) I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Shayne,

Welcome to the forum, we do get a lot of inquiries about your area but you're right, we don't have much representation right there. You'll fit right in,

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Shayne: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures there in central Oregon.

Larry

bigshayne

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I personally don't fish much in the summer (guiding) but I fish the other 8 months a year. There are some world class fisheries here in Central Oregon, and I feel very blessed to call this area home!

Jimmie

Reaction score
Welcome bigshayne:welcomean .

What rivers are you near/guide? Fished many in Oregon. Enjoyed the Bend area last trip.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
And since I am still alive today (world not ending) I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas!
Yah silly Mayans and that goofy calendar! :D Welcome to the forum. Actually I think there are probably quite a few guys in your area. It may take some looking to find them, but I'm sure there a more than a few.

:welcome:

Actually, the Mayan calendar never said the world was going to end on ....today. :D The number 13 was a sacred number for them They divided time into periods called Baktun. Today is the end of the time charted on the Mayan calendar because it is the end of the 13th Baktun. If they had managed to survive as a culture they would be busy chisleing a new calendar with 13 more Baktuns. The whole apocolypse idea is a silly misinterperatation of what the calendar means.

bigshayne

Reaction score
Welcome bigshayne:welcomean .

What rivers are you near/guide? Fished many in Oregon. Enjoyed the Bend area last trip.

Merry Christmas to you too.
I live in Bend. I fish the Crooked very often. I guide the Fall, Crooked, and Upper Deschutes.

jsquires

Reaction score
Hi, Shayne.
Wanted to send a welcome from CA because I know how much Oregonians love Californians.
So if we bother to ask the Mayans, we find out that that date was the end of one calendar and we will now begin a new one, an era of enlightenment, where folks are more accepting, more open-minded, and care more about our planet. One can only hope. Gotta love the Mayans.
BTW, I'm a big Duck fan.

bigshayne

Reaction score
Hi, Shayne.
Wanted to send a welcome from CA because I know how much Oregonians love Californians.
So if we bother to ask the Mayans, we find out that that date was the end of one calendar and we will now begin a new one, an era of enlightenment, where folks are more accepting, more open-minded, and care more about our planet. One can only hope. Gotta love the Mayans.
BTW, I'm a big Duck fan.
Well I got to say, i am not a huge fan of Californians, but i make exceptions :p. All kidding aside, I have never fly fished for trout down there, but I spent 7 days in November chasing stripers around the delta. Great fun and a heck of a fight on an 8 weight! The last couple of weeks I have been thinking of doing a early or late season road trip and hitting some norcal rivers.

Yeah, I truly hope that people decide that are world is entering a new era. An era of disaster if we don't start taking care of it!

I have a degree in Music from Oregon State. Go Beavs!