What a great evening on the stream!

streamwalker

Reaction score
Welp got out of college right around 12 took the long hour drive to the house. Finally got home left the truck running grabbed my fly rod waders and pre packed pack that I triple checked last night! Out Door I went and down the road I drove! Finally got the the river around 3:00. Tied on my color choice of egg pulled on my waders threw my bag over my shoulder and in the water I went! Had tons of action all Evening landed a total of 14 trout. Anyways pictures explain better then words so here ya go!

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

comeonavs

Reaction score
Well since I am sitting in a hotel in Las Vegas at a sales conference it just makes me more jealous.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing, you managed to make my spring fever even worse.:ranting3: :D

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I'm jealous. I went out on the river today as well. I drove my Jimmy right down the boat ramp, took a left on the Baudette river and drove to the Rainy River. I got out and let the dog run around and took a photo looking down the Rainy from about even with the first piling. I was about 130' from the shore. We are still getting below zero (F) at night pretty regularly. Got down close to it last night. I was still 9 at 10:30 this morning. That was the last time I checked till this afternoon. I warmed up close to freezing for a little bit. I think we are going to have a late iceout floolwed by high fast and muddy water. This may not be the best Spring we have had around here.

streamwalker

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your in Vegas and but hopefully others people's fishing posts on here will get you through till spring!

And Dan that's not good news at all. Sorry to hear it! Hopefully things will start to warm up there soon. Just come visit down here and ill show u all the honey holes!

chefdg

Reaction score
Awesome. I am jealous of your access to water like that. I lived in Knoxville for 6 years but didn't start fly fishing until I moved back to Indiana. I got to spend 4 days in the Smokeys fishing in November and your pictures reminded me of that. Thanks for sharing!

streamwalker

Reaction score
Awesome. I am jealous of your access to water like that. I lived in Knoxville for 6 years but didn't start fly fishing until I moved back to Indiana. I got to spend 4 days in the Smokeys fishing in November and your pictures reminded me of that. Thanks for sharing!
Glad u have had a chance to fish my home waters. There is some real nice small streams here! If your ever back down in this neck of the woods hit me up and will go throw some flies!

streamwalker

Reaction score
I live in Caldwell county. This stream was in south mountain near hickory nc only about 30-40 minutes from my house. However most of my fishing is done in in Boone an banner elk. Which is about an hour from my house. I'm basically in the foot hills of the mountains.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Nice pics. I love that area. I lived north from there in bristol as a kid.

Now if I was stuck in vegas today I would go route for arizona vs colorado in the pac 12 tournament quarterfinals. First time ever in vegas at the mgm grand garden arena.

If I was in ohio I would definitely move, too. Sorry.

And I definitely need to move out of this war zone I live in. I think a drone just flew over my house. There's some fish in the cap canal 1/4 mile away but it's electrified. They won't even let us get a look at that colorado river water down here.

yonder

Reaction score
On a nice weekend in January, I counted over 30 cars' worth of anglers parked along the Wilson DH. That stretch is very popular.
Yes it is....It is a beautiful area of the foothills. I am only about 45 minutes away, so I can fish it during the week, when it is less crowded. Cloudy, drizzly days are better, especially in March, October, and November.

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice stream and fish:thumbsup: thanks for sharing:)the trout season opened last saturday here...but haven't fished for brownies yet:(...maybe next week...

diamond rush

Reaction score
Yes it is....It is a beautiful area of the foothills. I am only about 45 minutes away, so I can fish it during the week, when it is less crowded. Cloudy, drizzly days are better, especially in March, October, and November.
I shake my head as I drive on by to the headwaters above the Wilson. Solitude and wild trout can be had for the price of a hike.

streamwalker

Reaction score
Absolutely.......We fish the same waters.......sending you a PM...don't want to hijack the thread or hotspot any creeks.......PM sent............
guys im in too! just fished upper head of wilson this evening just used a spinner rod cuz it was on my way home. would have landed a lot more on the fly rod. only got 3 on the spinner. ill post up a pic and see if yall know where i was.