My First Flies

loringj

Reaction score
Few weeks ago I picked up a fly tying starter kit at Basspro to try my hand at tying. I really enjoy it, just bought a better vise that arrived yesterday, since the one in the kit was not that great and kept loosening and spinning around. Here are some of the first flies I learned to make. The wooly buggers were the first, and I played around with different colors.

Justin

Justin

coloradocaddis970

Reaction score
Start working on your midges and nymphs. they can take anywhere from 3-4 minutes to tie and the ratio of money spent on materials to the amount you'd spend on flies it outstandingly in your favor. you'll be surprised how quickly you can fill your box with homemade brews. Check out Charlie's FlyBox - Metro Denver, Colorado's Best Fly Fishing Retailer (flyshop) with online Fly Tying Tutorials .......brews from the infamous Mr. Craven!! Other than that those dries look 10x better than my first dries. Tight Lines!!

L

Liphookedau

Hi Justin.
The Flies you have Tyed will surely catch Fish for you..It's always good to see someone else getting HOOKED on FlyTying.
Brian.

loringj

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I can't believe how much I enjoy tying. It's been snowing like crazy here so I've spent a lot of time tying the last couple days. Thought I would try to make a fly to use for lake trout that come up the river for the smelt in the spring. I looked up the zonker then just went from there.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I finished off with a white thread head covered in epoxy because I didn't have any little metal heads and iam not patient enough to order and wait for them haha