Deerfield

atlaw

Reaction score
There are no posts for the NE! how come? I am near the Deerfield which is a very good place to be and am on it at least once a week.

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Hello atlaw::welcomean

Welcome to the forum. Mike is right... we've needed a few folks to build this area of the forum. It certainly needs a little help. The Deerfield is a great river. Hopefully you can help give this forum a boost. Please keep posting and thanks for joining.

Steve

atlaw

Reaction score
I have never thought of myself as an expert and if you saw me cast you would no doubt agree. That being said, I am on the river at least one day a week so I do catch fish once in a while. I'll try to put a longer post together soon.

dougm

Reaction score
Hi atlaw,

If I can help on your cast, just ask...

Doug

atlaw

Reaction score
thanks, but I think you would have to watch me? One question is I have a tough time mending line in a fairly swift current. I try and seem to jerk the fly inward when I move the line. Ideas?

atlaw

Reaction score
I still have a house up there but am living in San Carlos, Mexico now. I do miss the Deerfield though and might be able to get up there around June. Salt water fly fishing is pretty nice too

Reactor

Reaction score
I am about 20 miles East of you. How about the Millers River just upstream of the Connecticut River you must have fished this section, fly fish only catch and release.
Have you fished the Farmington River in MA? I'm looking for a good area to start fishing. I purchased some land out that way and plan on fishing this river pretty heavy this year.

troutbum20

Reaction score
The millers is a good river. there are good hatches, trout and tons of smallies. too polluted [river bed] to eat the fish. the river also gets a private club stocking up in orange and athol. the deerfield really is my home river and i fish the lower part and do very well. the farmington is good. i just dont have the time to travel that far

Fisherik

Reaction score
I've fished the millers river a bunch. Great Fishing! All along route 2 below erving particularly in where the bridge crosses over into wendell. I caught many good sized rainows tons of little smallies and some large brook trout. I wouldn't eat the fish though! something about pcbs and paper mills up stream kinda spoil it. Great river though!

atlaw

Reaction score
anything going on up there? Is spring sprung? I will be up next month I think and am looking forward to getting back on the river.