Looking for Scott G 3 weight fly rod

stuck_in_indy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thought I would see if there was anyone out there that is looking to offload their 3 weight Scott G fly rod. Cheers.

trout champ

Reaction score
Me too! I was watching one on ebay but my stupid ebay app didn't notify me that it was ending. It was a Original G series 7'6" 3wt. and only went for $220! I would have bid more for sure...

Randy

Jackster

Reaction score
Good luck with the hunt.
This is an original but did you try Harry Murray in VA? He had some made by Scott after Scott stopped showing them in their catalog.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Those early Scott graphites were in a class by themselves; the best rods of their day back in the late 70's and early 80's. Owner/designer, Harry Wilson, brilliantly defined the conceptual future of the graphite fly rod and was the first maker to produce a 9'/#4.

A Scott 8 1/2'/#5 assembled by me circa 1980...my favorit rod for a number of seasons.

Last edited:

stuck_in_indy

Reaction score
Sweetandsalt -- a thing of beauty!
Jackster - I will reach out to Mr. Murray. Thanks for help. Cheers

wichaka

Reaction score
From what I've read...the original G series rod tubes had block letter words on them, not cursive or script.

Also, the originals were two piece and had an all cork handle.

The above were made in the original San Fran or Berkely plants.

When the company moved from there, they changed the configuration of the G to multiple piece and the more traditional locking reel seat.

glcaddis

Reaction score
A lot of us are looking for one and kicking ourselves for not keeping them when we had them. I had a G883/3 and a MMT6103/3 and foolishly sold them both. Oh how I wish I had them back.

shimloom

Reaction score
I just got a G series 8'8" 2wt. I can tell you that they are great little rods. The one I scored was near mint condition. Put a Hardy Featherweight on it. Love that rod! Good luck finding one. You could try the Ultralight fly forum, that's where I got mine.

Craig