American made?

enolaeagle

Reaction score
I was wondering if this Browning rod is american made... Got this a few years back and hooked on this Martin reel that my dad gave me.

I like the set up, however, thought of a new reel... The only thing I don't like about the reel is that the line is wound so tight because its narrow.

tbum2020

Reaction score
No, made in China. Browning is owned by Bass Pro Shops and Bass Pro has all their fishing rods manufactured by a company in China.

tbum2020

Reaction score
Browning Arms isn't owned by Bass Pro, the Browning name itself became became a product in the world of merchandising. The Browning name was licensed out to companies who then became "partners" in the Browning family. Browning Fishing is managed by Bass Pro. This is true for almost everything other than firearms which has the Browning name attached to it, Browning Off Road is managed by Polaris, Browning Eyeware is managed by AES optics all the way down to Browning Hunting & Hiking Socks which is ran by Carolina Hosiery??...its rather extensive.

enolaeagle

Reaction score
Good to know. I wonder if Browning rods etc... were always made there...

How do you find this stuff out on manufacturers? Is there a site or resource that let's you know of what gets made here or there.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I believe the Browning/Siliflex rods were US made until 1989 when their rod building operation was sold to Zebco.
BassPro acquired the Browning tradename in 2008