Iceland trip

650flyguy

Reaction score
I had a great time in Iceland and did a bit of fishing.
Lake fishing for arctic char was fantastic. Lively fish that get into your backing.

& found some nice browns in the moving water.

Last edited by a moderator:

newby

Reaction score
Wow! That looks like an epic trip. The browns alone get my heart beating faster. Where you there on a fishing trip or for other reasons and just managed to get some fishing in?

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
+1 for what Newby said! Wow, incredible fishing, I have read that the fishing there was very good, looks like you had an awesome trip, congrats!

650flyguy

Reaction score
My family went for a vacation around the country.
I was lucky enough to sample some spots along the way.
Fishing permits are required for moving water and some of the preferred rivers get quite costly and are often booked in advance.
Fortunately, I found some less know water that was more in my budget.

siege

Reaction score
It's no damn wonder you have such a big smile in the pictures. What gorgeous fish ! That is a great memory builder. I can only wish I was there, but I'm glad you were.I can live vicariously through your adventure. :cool:

650flyguy

Reaction score
Great fish and I'm eyeing your set-up; is it a 3wt or 5wt, couldn't quite make out the number but I love those sage 500 reels.
Thanks! I am also a fan of the 500 series reel. I was using my 505L on a 5 WT Z Axis. Unfortunately, the spindle cap popped off on the first day while landing my first char. Fortunately, I called Bill Archuleta and he sent out a replacement right away. My reel is now "complete" again.

wannafish

Reaction score
Thanks! I am also a fan of the 500 series reel. I was using my 505L on a 5 WT Z Axis. Unfortunately, the spindle cap popped off on the first day while landing my first char. Fortunately, I called Bill Archuleta and he sent out a replacement right away. My reel is now "complete" again.
wow I didn't know he had them; I used a generic nut cap that kind of stuck out a bit; did you glue this one on?

650flyguy

Reaction score
I called Bill and he made one up for me. He makes them slightly larger than the originals and used a different plastic (that won't shrink). Bill said there was no reason to use glue, just tap it in with a mallet.