Perdido Key / Panama City Fly Fishing?

morronr

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to the forum and have been fly fishing for a little over a year now. Right now I've been basically freshwater fishing in local ponds (bream, bass, some gar), but have a trip coming up later this week down to the Panama City, FL area and also Perdido Key. I've considered getting a guide, but if that doesn't work out I was wondering if there are any areas to fly fish without a boat? I've looked a little into surf fishing, but I have zero experience when it comes to fishing saltwater. I'm assuming there isn't much I can do with a 6wt? I've considered buy I decent 7/8 wt rig to compliment my current fishing style so I can throw some larger bass flies and figured this could double for future trips to the beach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

captainkraken

Reaction score
There are a few guides. Buck wild fishing charters is a good one in penscola. Capt Jeremy Hogue is a young buck, but can put you on the fish any time of the season. So this is a late reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captainkraken

Reaction score
Jeremy might be busy...

gulfbreezeguideservice.com

Bas. Is one of the best in the area. I haven't been with him but I've heard nothing but good things. And he had a few videos on YouTube as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk