A couple more.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Allen, is that dyed turkey on #1? I'm tying 3 - 4" flesh flies for Thursday - Saturday so I'm off of the pretty stuff for awhile. The trout looks familiar to me :wow:

Pocono

Reaction score
I really like the second one; that mixed wing looks great against the tippet wing. Nice tying!

Did you take that trout with a Salmon fly; I can't quite make out what's in its mouth?

Pocono

wovenstonefly

Reaction score
It's a small steelhead caught a long, long way from the ocean and a vertical mile in elevation. It probably entered fresh water in July of August and it was caught the end of February so It had a lot of time to color up. I don't usually fish for steelhead in the spring but that river had an Ice Dam that broke out a couple days earlier and the fish were still migrating, not in spawning mode yet. It was caught on the third fly. A general practitioner.:secret:
The front wing on the GP is a little long, but it will still work;)

Last edited:

wovenstonefly

Reaction score
And a Couple more. It snowed a for a minute today and I figured the river's are getting cold so I tied these on Alec Jackson 1.5 heavy wire hooks to give a little bigger profile and get a little deeper.
Hope you like them