Bouquet Canyon Creek, Valencia, CA.

Hookenum

Reaction score
I read on the DFG website this creek was planted this week and i was wondering if anyone has fished this creek recently? I've never been there and i'm planning on going this weekend.

DSFlyman

Reaction score
How did that work out for ya? I know this post is a couple months old, but I know it's gonna be a stretch before I get up to Bishop and beyond.

Hookenum

Reaction score
i never made it out there. things have been pretty hectic and not sure when im going out but im going to try the canyon. have you been there?

DSFlyman

Reaction score
I've never been there, but my cousin used to live near there and is moving back. I asked him about it, but he doesn't fish. I'm not sure how to get there. Do you know if it is fishable in the winter... and if that's legal?

Hookenum

Reaction score
I've never been there myself but i know it's opposite the 5fwy near magic mountain. If the waters were planted i think it would be a great time to go as the weather has cooled. My only concern would be the recent rain turning the water very dirty and slowing the bite but like i said i'm not familar with the spot. If you make it up there let us know how it was. Holiday season is tough for me to go out and play. Good luck

Tree Catcher

Reaction score
I used to go for motorcycle rides years ago and remember that creek as tiny and not expecting it to have fish in it. I was suprised to see a couple of kids catch fish there. But that was years ago and not it's a bit too far for me to drive to but I will be giving West Fork of the San Gabriel River a try on Sunday. If its good I'll post a report. If anyone wants to meet up I will try to get there around 9 to 10 and will be in a white pickup with a bicycle in the back.

Sean