Nobody told this guy the weather is getting cold....

raindogt

Reaction score
Well, been a long time that I've posted 'successes', but this fella was too fun not to share. Caught on a 5 wt. using a black leach pattern.

The weather's changing, apparently this guy didn't get the memo. All I've heard around here is that the bass have slowed way down and are not biting... Funny-- the water temps are still upper 60's- lower 70's.... Seems like good LM temps to me.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
T,

That's a nice bass! Way to go, I always ignore the rule of when I should be able to catch fish too. The trick is don't tell the guys who say that it's over :D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Dog: Wow, that is one nice bass, congrats!
That big cold front has finally hit the Rockies with a vengence! Lots of snow above 10k ft and rain everywhere else with heavy gusty winds!

Larry

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
hey Raindog,

Looks like your instincts paid off-- when in doubt, go fish and to heck with the reports.

And congrats, that's a real chunk of a fish-- it must have been a blast on a 5 weight.

MacFly55

Reaction score
nice looking fish.. maybe now he will pass the word about it getting chilly and not eating things that look too good to be true.. :D

raindogt

Reaction score
Sure was a fun one.

@ Frank: Not a farm pond-- actually, it is the same body I usually fish-- It's only been there for 4 or 5 years... I suspect (based on the size of a few fish I've pulled out of there) that there was a farm pond (or two) that was(were) flooded and the fish from it(them) are now in the bigger impoundment....

@ MacFly: I tied the leech that he took-- 'too bad to be true' is probably more like it... lol

And Generally: since it IS getting colder, my retrieves have slowed down considerably and as such, I've seen more catfish than I care to mention-- I was beginning to believe all of the 'Bass aren't biting stories...." :D

case in point:

3 times Bass fishing resulted in nothing but a few of these... Granted we have seen a fairly rainy autumn so far.

MacFly55

Reaction score
that is awesome that it was caught on a fly you tied.. aint no better fishing that bringing a fish to hand on a fly you tied... :)

MacFly :cool: