how do you fly fish at you local stream?

how do you fish

• belly boat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • drift boat

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • pontoon boat

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • walk, wade

Votes: 76 83.5%
  • other

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Troutwhisperer

Reaction score
hey everybody,

I want to know how you fish your local stream or lake.

I personally use a backpacker pontoon boat from classic accessories. it was the cheapest pontoon boat a 9 year old could get a hold on at the time that whent in a backpack. ive caught many fish in it and it hasnt fallen apart yet.

jclampwork88

Reaction score
It is a two part answer. The lake I have a single person pontoon boat, but wading is the only way to go on the Provo or Weber rivers here in Utah

John

MikeG

Reaction score
Lakes, either from shore or in a boat.

Streams, deepest streams by mean are damned. Deepest stream I wade will be 4ft. at the most.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I have a canoe, a kayak, and a float tube, but for the most part I prefer to fish with both feet firmly planted on the ground

KRD

Reaction score
I voted walk/wade. I walk/wade streams and use either my float tube or toon for small lakes.

Joni

Reaction score
We walk and wade. The Provo, and Weber are good sized, but not for boats to go down. Pontoons do, but they are a PAIN. Plus I prefer to walk and wade. Green and the Snake also walk and wade, but THERE it might be nice from a drift boat.

Pocono

Reaction score
I'm exclusively walking and wading on the small freestone streams up here in the Pocono Mountains. There are only a few small rivers up here that will take boats; mostly pontoon boats; although you also see people fishing from a canoe occasionally. The upper Deleware River will take drift boats nicely; East Branch, West Branck and the Main stem, in the Spring when the water levels are high, but most of the Catskills/Poconos fishing is on foot.

Davo

Reaction score
Driftboat without question. Much rather cove 12 miles of river in a day!! No such thing as to much of a good thing. LOL

Jackster

Reaction score
I wade most rivers and streams here and out west.
The 'toon I use for lakes and ponds and for smallmouth fishing on the New River in NC and VA.

Pocono

Reaction score
Hey Pocono Do fish the Lackawaxen???
Yes. We belong to one of the fly fishing clubs on the Lackawaxen; 6 miles of fishing. For real hatches of defined insects; almost like clockwork, and true match-the-hatch fishing, the clean and clear waters of the Lackawaxen are hard to beat in our area.

FISHN50

Reaction score
Yes. We belong to one of the fly fishing clubs on the Lackawaxen; 6 miles of fishing. For real hatches of defined insects; almost like clockwork, and true match-the-hatch fishing, the clean and clear waters of the Lackawaxen are hard to beat in our area.
My wifes from Hawley & I used to fish all over that area. I used to camp in the gravel pit downstream from Rawlings when I went with friends. I only got caught in rising water from lake Wallenpaupack once & after that was careful. I also used to fish The Shohola, Bushkill, & Dyberry creeks. It's a nice area & is on my list of possible retirement areas,

Pocono

Reaction score
My wifes from Hawley & I used to fish all over that area. I used to camp in the gravel pit downstream from Rawlings when I went with friends. I only got caught in rising water from lake Wallenpaupack once & after that was careful. I also used to fish The Shohola, Bushkill, & Dyberry creeks. It's a nice area & is on my list of possible retirement areas,
We also fish the Bushkill; up around the Boy Scout camp. Very nice water; well maintained and not over-stocked.

Favorite streams for us are: Mud Run, Hickory Run, Kistler's Run, Tobyhanna Creek, Tunkannock Creek, Swiftwater Creek, Broadhead Creek, Paradise Stream, the Lackawaxen and the Little Lehigh River. All except the Lackawaxen are within 20 minutes of home.

We live in Pocono Pines; at the top of the Pocono plateau. When I retire, I'm going back to Massachusetts; but it is nice up here if you're the outdoor type. I fished on Wednesday and skied yesterday!

Douglas Wesson

Reaction score
I walk and wade most of the time. I really enjoy the White Salmon from Husum down to NW lake with my pontoon boat from when ever the water drops to the close of the season.

Greenwood

Reaction score
It's all wading, whether it's on the Little Juniata, Yellow Creek, Spruce Creek or one of the many streams around State College.

I like your game plan Pocono; I used the same one this week. I fished Yellow Creek on Tuesday and skied Blue Knob on Friday night!

mojo

Reaction score
It's all wading, whether it's on the Little Juniata, Yellow Creek, Spruce Creek or one of the many streams around State College.

I like your game plan Pocono; I used the same one this week. I fished Yellow Creek on Tuesday and skied Blue Knob on Friday night!
Greenwood, off the subject, you're in Mike McFarlands neck of the woods. He's lives a stones throw from Spruce Creek and he fishes the LJ quite a bit too. You ought to look him up and check out his rods if you like glass.

streamcaddis

Reaction score
Because of my health I can not wade any more. I fish the AuSable river here in Michigan. I fish from an AuSable river boat with a guide. I do at least two trips a year. It's one fantastic way to fish.:thumbsupu