What's your pocket knife? What ya suggest to go with?

fisher2012

Reaction score
I‘ve been lurking for a while. Wanna ask for your advice. First thread;

I've had my old SOG Flash II for 5+ years, It's a fantastic knife, clips easily into my pocket and is functional immediately after drawing. But it was out of work the other day. Now I have to move on to a new one. I've just looked into this Pocket Knife. Is it nice one to go with? Will I be disappointed? Any other options?
I'm sure there are plenty of other pocket knife peeps out there, what do you carry and why?

nerka

Reaction score
I have two Kershaw Ken Onion Leek models that I really like. I also have two scallions and have been happy with them as well. I dont think you can go wrong.

vanceinak

Reaction score
I've gone back to traditional. My old Camilus Yellow Jacket model 714. It's a nice little "Muskrat Trapper" style knife with two identical blades. Opens everything from boxes to trout (the stocked ones in lakes okay?). Not fancy, but it works & to me has a clasic look & feel.

Reaction score
I carry a Leatherman Wave and also a Gerber Freeman Folder, which is pretty heavy duty for a folding knife. Even for a folding knife the Gerber could pass as a survival knife.

The Leatherman has come in handy lots of times.

nerka

Reaction score
I carry a Leatherman Wave and also a Gerber Freeman Folder, which is pretty heavy duty for a folding knife. Even for a folding knife the Gerber could pass as a survival knife.

The Leatherman has come in handy lots of times.
I also have a few different waves. Never have done me wrong. One stays in my vest the other lives at the bench.

goldentrout

Reaction score
For about 20yrs I carried an Uncle Henry Jr for every day. 2 7/8"

For about the last year I've been carrying a Moore Maker trapper,
[/IMG]

in a holster like this because it's 4"+ long.

I carry a Leatherman Pulse at work. A Gerber EZ-Out or a Schrade SP3 in my vest. A Schrade LB7 4" lockback when hunting.

rangerrich99

Reaction score
I have several Kershaw's; a couple Vapors II, and a Blackout Tactical. Of the kershaw's I like the Blackout best for the speed-assisted opening and the American steel blade (Vapors are chinese steel). However, in terms of overall utility my favorite go-to knife that is always in my pocket is a basic Swiss Army. It just does more than any other pocketknife I have, except maybe the leatherman, but it's more compact than my leatherman, I think the main blade is sharper in my Swiss Army, and my dad gave it to me on my 15th b-day, so it goes everywhere with me.

From your post, I'm not exactly sure what the main function of your new knife is going to be (opening envelopes and packages, or skinning game), and if this is the only knife you'll carry daily. If it's an only knife, I'd say go with a Swiss Army, or if you don't like them, a leatherman. If you want a speed assisted knife then just make sure the steel isn't chinese; you'll be happier with the knife.

I'm pretty sure the knife in your ad is american steel, but you can check that on kershaw's site to be sure.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Split my time between a very old Boy Scout knife (high carbon steel that will take a razor's edge) and an old Buck knife that I use 'at work.'

The Buck has one blade that I've never seen before (or since on another knife). One of the main blade is curved in like a carpet knife blade. Handy as heck for opening/cutting up boxes (or anything else for that matter).

fae

bekiu002

Reaction score
I go back and forth between my SOG flash I and my Kershaw Leek. I really like them both but I would like to add a Spyderco Delica 4.
Cabot

ghostdncr

Reaction score
This is one of those questions with infinite answers. I was going to add my usual flag-waving for Gerber, but I posted all that in the thread Ard suggests above.

leterfly

Reaction score
Leatherman's always a solid choice imo, but man I've had my swiss army knife since I was a kid and I still use it. Maybe it's the fact that there's a picture of a fish on it, makes me think it's special, lol. Regardless, you want something that you'll barely notice on your person and a knife you'll hardly have to sharpen