Colorado at Glenwood Springs

flytyer_neal

Reaction score
Saturday I went fishing the first time in 2 months.....the freeze has mostly hardened the rivers ........so we went out to a spot just down river from the hot springs....only 2 trout...never saw them up close, " long distance release " on a dark bugger, and a very small bucktail streamer, not even a midge hatch that I could see, still cranky about the darn clouds, I even moved 20 miles down river to Silt, Colorado......first time flyfishing while standing on 1 1/2 ft of ice, maybe I'm getting old but that freaks me out...Sorry I took no pics, but I was intently trying to get one to shore. It was great to finally get out, cabin fever had taken hold....the water was nice, air was a lil frigid, there is a storm coming in, possible reason for such a lack of takers. Back to the vise ......

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Neal: Well at least you got a little action and some time on the water! It has been so cold I now what you mean about having cabin fever.

Larry

yatahey

Reaction score
Neal,
Like Larry said, at least you got out. I've been fighting a case of the shack nasties myself. Did manage to hit the Deck (Deckers) twice last week for a couple hours. Managed one brown first time and a couple dinks and a fat hen rainbow second time. Here's to an early spring. It's been tough dredging fish up for some reason.

webrx

Reaction score
Nice fish Yat!.

Neal - man sure is nice to get out when you can, I also got out for a couple hours this weekend and I feel a ton more grounded now.

D