Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

Default Re: Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

Wow,

That will keep my grey matter busy for quite some time for sure! We are looking at mid September. The 15th is our target.

Quote Originally Posted by dharkin View Post
    Wow,

That will keep my grey matter busy for quite some time for sure! We are looking at mid September. The 15th is our target.
    That by no means is a "required reading" list! Skip the tricos for mid-Sept. Maybe even the PMDs.

An army of parachute Adams #10-18 can cover a lot of needs. Fill it in with specific patterns for floating nymphs and emergers and the mayflies are covered really.

Hi guys,

Well, we booked the airline and rental car today! I never thought that a trip to Missoula was going to take so long from Boston! Really????, upwards of 9 to a possible 11-13 hours(extreme case) to Montana? Too funny for sure. I guess it doesn't matter as long as we get there right?

We have decided to arrive on the 14th of September and depart on the following Saturday. That allows for 7 full days of fishing according to my calculator.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM:
    Pick up the rental car at 4:00, find the hotel, find a fly shop (like the king fisher), spend some money, get info, dream about the morning!

Any questions?

Any questions?
    How many stops and layovers are in the 10 hour flight?

we booked 1 stop and 8 hrs but you could pick a two stop flight for 11 hrs total. Missoula isn't easy to get to from Boston I guess.

It's almost required, minimum 1 stop. Depends on how long the layover is in Minneapolis/Chicago/Salt Lake is. Almost has to be one of those ..lol

Unfortunatley... Bozeman is getting a nonstop from New York (supposed to be) starting this summer
    Dave

March at last.............

I have waited the entire winter for this day. I just purchased my Montana 10 day fishing license. I hope that it will be the best $56.14 I ever spend (on myself).

For some reason, my fishing buddy is starting to get a little concerned about my obsession with the September 2012 trip.

I don't understand?????????????
    it's only March 1st....... I have already booked the flight, rental car, room (1st night only), picked the fly shops for information, purchased the fishing license (he has to get his), figured out what rivers we are going to fish and I have already ordered the pizza delivery for 8:30pm on Saturday night!

I really don't understand what his problem is!

Maybe I should plan more of the details so he doesn't have any concerns about the trip. What do you guys think?

(my attempt at humor)
    Last edited by dharkin; 03-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks for reminding me to get a new license. I hope to get out next weekend.

Good luck, from what I have been reading, the skwala (sp?) nymphs have begun and also some midges have kept folks interested.

Do you ever just try a crazy pattern on your "opening" day? Something that just doesn't deserve to catch fish but you want to try it anyway? I challenge you to try a "Pass Lake Special". Down and accross and strip back (after the swing) fast!........I feel a size 8 would serve you well.

Blog Entries

Hi guys,

Well, we booked the airline and rental car today! I never thought that a trip to Missoula was going to take so long from Boston! Really????, upwards of 9 to a possible 11-13 hours(extreme case) to Montana? Too funny for sure. I guess it doesn't matter as long as we get there right?

We have decided to arrive on the 14th of September and depart on the following Saturday. That allows for 7 full days of fishing according to my calculator.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM:
    Pick up the rental car at 4:00, find the hotel, find a fly shop (like the king fisher), spend some money, get info, dream about the morning!

Any questions?
    Sounds like you guys are well on your way to a trip of a lifetime! Best of luck and keep us posted on how the trip goes!
    Larry

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast