Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Looking for guide around kalispell or Bigfork- coming in July to get married

Hey new member here so be gentle. We are from western NC coming to Bigfork to get married in July. I have been to Montana (Ennis area) fishing about 4 times before but this time we are flying into Kalispell then staying in Bigfork. The future wife has never been fishing in her life and I have talked her into a float trip.(Told her about how scenic it is) anyway I need some recommendations for a few guides around Bigfork or Kalispell. Also what would be the most scenic river to float? I really want her to like it or I will never here the end of it. have already decided to be quite and let the guide teach her how to fish so I need a real good guide who knows how to make a newbe calm. Just wondering if she would like a female guide better. We are still also looking for a real pretty outdoor location for the wedding. I would really like to get married on a high mountain lake but it would have to be close in and easy access for everyone or maybe a nice remote river setting.
    Looking forward to your responses
    Last edited by galaxieman390; 06-14-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Default Re: Looking for guide around kalispell or Bigfork- coming in July to get married

I fish with my wife and it is the best. Except when she likes the expensive gear I like.. Then we need to purchase things times 2. :$)

Good luck on the fishing trip. I lived in Whitefish 20 years ago and it is very pretty... You might find slower easier waters towards Libby or down East of Kallispell. 10 lakes area is beautiful and that is 2 hour drive NW of Whitefish.

Let us know what you found out.

Default Re: Looking for guide around kalispell or Bigfork- coming in July to get married

Chris McCreedy 406-249-1482

Tell him the "legend" sent you

4. Default Re: Looking for guide around kalispell or Bigfork- coming in July to get married

I can't help with a guide, but I think it's pretty awesome that you're using your wedding as a reason to go fishing

I've heard the South Fork of the Flathead is a pretty fantastic fishery. There's also some fantastic breweries around Whitefish and BigFork.

Good luck with everything!