Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Anyone willing to fish with a beginner?

Sometime next week? I don't have much (no waders, boots, many flies), but I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Default Re: Anyone willing to fish with a beginner?

You're not in my neck of the woods.
    Okiemountaineer

Quote Originally Posted by rschreck View Post
    Sometime next week? I don't have much (no waders, boots, many flies), but I'm trying to learn as much as possible.
    If you promise not to share the stream I show you with all your friends.. How about Saturday or Sunday morning early?

Nick, that is a generous offer.

I repeat the advice I give beginners here on this forum so often in this forum that I put it below my signature so I don't have to keep writing it every week.

Perhaps a sticky thread would be a good idea with all the advice we have for beginners to get started in fly fishing and then when these questions come up we can just give them a link to it.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
    Nick, that is a generous offer.

I repeat the advice I give beginners here on this forum so often in this forum that I put it below my signature so I don't have to keep writing it every week.

Perhaps a sticky thread would be a good idea with all the advice we have for beginners to get started in fly fishing and then when these questions come up we can just give them a link to it.
    I'd add - Go to your local TU chapter meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by nickj View Post
    If you promise not to share the stream I show you with all your friends.. How about Saturday or Sunday morning early?
    Of course I wouldn't. I will pm you about it. I appreciate the offer also. Drink beer? I'll bring.

FLYBUM: Doh! I wish I would have read one of your posts. I will look into a fishing club here in Denver. Thank you.