Ynp

Eagle48

Reaction score
I just accepted a job to Yellowstone, and plan on doing some flyfishing while I'm out there. I have no idea on where to go, or really anything about flyfishing for that matter so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jakeway

Reaction score
Stop in at any local fly shop, hire a guide, and start fishing. My brother in law lives between Yellowstone and Billings, and I did some fishing with him...we'd drive west for a couple hours in the morning, then work our way back home stipping to fish at various spots. We only had hip boots, and we were fishing mostly the Yellowstone River, but we caught a few Rainbows 10-14 inches almost anywhere we stopped. This was in early fall, right around opening of Antelope season (we got one of those, too.)

Cowboy

Reaction score
Man, you are in an area of some the best fly fishing in America. If you can get away for a couple of days, you can fish the Madison, the Gallitin and any number of smaller streams and creeks. There is some fine fishing right in the park also. Henry's Lake in Idaho is not that far and although I have never fished it, I hear that is premier lake fly fishing.