A great day at a super secret hole

yatahey

Reaction score
A good friend just returned from his third and final tour of Afghanistan and was itching to get out and catch some fish, so I took him to a secret hole I have limited access to, that offers unbelievable fishing for good sized eager fish.
Bones is a great fisherman and hunter and just got a brand new boo and Hardy reel, so this was going to be a great opportunity for him to give it a real world workout on lots of fish.
We had a great time catching and releasing a truck load of fish in the 16-22" size range. The boo and Hardy performed admirably.

Boo looks good with a bend.

Nice little brownie.

This bow looked like it had a rough time coming over the falls from the lake above.

My best of the day was this nice colorful cutbow.

The new boo and Hardy.

kingfish87

Reaction score
Nice ! I'm sure that day on the water helped your buddy forget some of the insanity he experienced in the war zones. Nice spot and nice size fish , too. I'm still watching my local creeks and streams and wondering if the dry-fly season is EVER going to get here this year !

littledavid123

Reaction score
Yatahey

Couldn't think of a better trip for one of our boys serving in Afganistan, I would be rolling around in the stream after spending so much time in the desert. :D Good pictures and story Yat.

Curious about what type of camera you used as I am now searching for a new one to buy?

Dave

yatahey

Reaction score
Thanks Jp. I think you're a nice guy too.
Dave, the first 5 were taken with a Nikon D7000, the rest with a Pentax Optio W80.

yatahey

Reaction score
Yat thats a great thing you done taking him out fishing...:D
We've fished before. He was over seas when I started getting access to this spot and emailed him a few times about what a treat he was going to have when he got home. He wasn't disappointed.
Giving his new boo and Hardy a real (reel?) a workout made it that much better.