Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Colorado

1. Default Colorado

I am supposed to take a trip to the Poudre Canyon at the end of July to camp and do some fly fishing in the Cache la Poudre. The High Park fire may prevent that from happening. What are some other places within a couple hours of Ft. Collin that has good fly fishing and camping?

Thanks in advance!!!

Default Re: Colorado

I'd mention Rocky, but with the way things are right now, you might need to wait and see. Seems like a new fire is sprouting up almost daily. Hopefully we'll get some relief soon but not this week at least. Hopefully there won't be many more starting up.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Colorado

Hwy 14 into Poudre Canyon is still closed, I'm just guessing but the campgrounds probably don't exist any longer. Take a look at this link and map of the fire.
    InciWeb the Incident Information System: High Park Fire
    Larry

4. Likes Ard liked this post
  5. Default Re: Colorado

If the High Park fire was put out today, the upper sections of the poudre would be fishable. Last I heard was that they don't expect to have the fire fully extinguished until late August. Thats a nice way of saying "without rain, we can't possible get it under control".

As an alternative, the Bit Thompson is about your only other river possibility within an hours drive, but camping on it would pretty much require you go all the way up to RMNP.