Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next month,RE:Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Next month,RE:Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dharkin View Post
    The boots that I bought last year are already set for the installation of studs from what I can tell (to include the colored round areas that indicate where I should place them.............I am such a loser). I will give the studs a try and start from there. Dean_MT has been more or less "My Guide"on this trip so far and if he doesn't see a need for me to purchase boots prior to the trip, then that's good enough for me.

The manufacturer's studs are a story by themselves in terms of price, I will take a look at your choice Fred and see what comes of it. I figure the only tough part will be finding screws without a point (just in case they are too long), but nothing a pair of 9 inch linemans pliers can't take care of.
    Not to worry; 1/2 inch is the 'key' save for the Korker Chrome rubber bottoms (they're very thin). Anything (thickness) at/over and you're home free. On the 'rubber bottoms' just put the 'screw in's' in a cleat and you've got your half inch and then some.
    fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I can't belive I missed your post that day. I am sending you a PM now with contact info for September.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Sorry Fred, The PM is to Dean_Mt.

Got it, PM sent.

For the record, I was on Rock Creek today and take back what I said. Felt, good...you want the felt!

4. Likes shortyb liked this post
  5. Default Re: Next month,RE:Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

For what it is worth, I live on the Root and walk down almost every night fishing..... I just wear tevas but if you are planning to come here as a destination, you need boots with felt. It is very slippery right now. However I do agree, you can walk inside the high water marks from hole to hole.

Just .02

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12