Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Awesome news, moving to Montana, need help!

From what ive read missoula is a dry fly destination and bozeman the later. Missoula is a lot of native cutthroats while bozemans is big browns.
    Not to me.. I primary dry fly fish.. I doubt there's any difference here. SW Montana just has more rivers.. so it might be a river by river thing/ I jut depends on what you consider acceptable to drive to
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    If you're truly interested in fly tying, do yourself a big favor and get a copy of Charlie Craven's Basic Fly Tying, it is a really great book.
    Charlie Craven's Basic Fly Tying: Modern Techniques for Flies That Catch Fish: Charlie Craven: 9780979346026: Amazon.com: Books

Larry
    My son gave me this book for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.... I have been tying flies on and off for 40 years, and the tips contained in this book were outstanding......as I was reading this book, I would occasionally smack myself on the head and say, "why didn't I think of that?" It is that kind of book.......highly recommended........good luck in Montana, by the way.....Bozeman is a great town......lots of flyshops......Let us know how it goes!!!
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yonder View Post
    My son gave me this book for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.... I have been tying flies on and off for 40 years, and the tips contained in this book were outstanding......as I was reading this book, I would occasionally smack myself on the head and say, "why didn't I think of that?" It is that kind of book.......highly recommended........good luck in Montana, by the way.....Bozeman is a great town......lots of flyshops......Let us know how it goes!!!
    Yonder: Same here, I have been tying since the 80's and some of the techniques that Charlie presents in that book are just awesome, that is why I recommend that book to all the new tiers.

Larry
    Larry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123