Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bighorn River Report

Default Re: Bighorn River Report

can the river be hit and miss? I always heard these amazing stories and drove the 4 hours down from Livingston in April and caught 1 fish the whole day. I know I'm not the best fisherman, but this was floating the river for a full day with a guide! Unless he was a bad guide also Just curious if I'm the only person in history to not have a great day on the 'Horn?

Quote Originally Posted by f1 rocks View Post
    can the river be hit and miss? I always heard these amazing stories and drove the 4 hours down from Livingston in April and caught 1 fish the whole day. I know I'm not the best fisherman, but this was floating the river for a full day with a guide! Unless he was a bad guide also Just curious if I'm the only person in history to not have a great day on the 'Horn?
    That must have been disappointing but the Bighorn is far from an easy fishery. Highly pressured tailwater fish are rarely easy. What did your guide say?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f1 rocks View Post
    Wow, that would certainly be disappointing, wonder how long that guide had been working that river. I don't think I have ever done a guided trip and only landed one fish and I don't consider myself to be an expert by any means. If you don't mind would you send me a PM with the guide you used.

Larry
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Wow, that would certainly be disappointing, wonder how long that guide had been working that river. I don't think I have ever done a guided trip and only landed one fish and I don't consider myself to be an expert by any means. If you don't mind would you send me a PM with the guide you used.

Larry
    So you're sure never to hire him?

F1,

My first time on the Bighorn, I too got skunked, and I was with a buddy who grew up fishing it!

I will say that every time I went after that, the worst I did was probably a dozen fish and the best was near 30. Maybe the Bighorn Fishing Gods demand a sacrifice from us newbies!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    That must have been disappointing but the Bighorn is far from an easy fishery. Highly pressured tailwater fish are rarely easy. What did your guide say?
    Only thing the guide said it was a tough day, seemed like we kept getting to parts of the river and he would comment that is a good spot but already taken? I hope to try again someday with dramatically different results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12