Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

View Poll Results: Do you fish during the Winter?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as much as I can.

23 60.53%
  • Occasionally, a few trips here and there.

15 39.47%
  • Never, it's way too cold!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Fishing

Default Winter Fishing

Thought it would be fun to see who tries their luck in the winter months out West. This is my first year ever going this late into the season, and have had decent success. Just wondering if I ought to hang up the gear or continue on through til Spring.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Winter Fishing

Can't stop and help fishing...I'm lucky to live in a region where it's often sunny(2800 hours a year)...but it's also often windy...

Is it considered fly fishing if you drill a hole in the ice and jig a bugger or chironomid?

I love winter fly fishing! Get most of my own fishing and a handful of guide trips in the winter months. Living 35 minutes from a tailwater helps....

5. Likes williamhj liked this post

There's enough clear, sunny days where it feels much warmer than it really is. I don't like fishing < 32, just because freeing the guides of ice is annoying
    Dave

I will go fishing as often as possible this winter A day without fishing is a lost day
    Best regards from Germany,

THORSTEN

I fish til it's frozen.

okuma Guest

On occassion for me. Depends more on the air temp than the water conditions. Though I prefer higher pools and Clousers in the winter.

I go as much as I can. I'm more than 30 min from a tailwater so it's tough to get the time to dedicate once the non-tailwaters get too icy. It's tough fishing generally, but I'm always glad to get out and the streams can be so beautiful in the winter. Half the fun is heading out into the mountains with my brother. The drive is always nice, unless we hit a bad storm, and I can smoke my pipe without worrying about starting a wildfire.
    - William

I only fish tailwaters so it never ends for me. In fact I'm headed out camping this weekend. Catch the tail end of the streamers before things really hit the winter slumber and don't want to chase anything.
    Troy

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast