I'm back!

vitesse304

Reaction score
Ugh...don't you hate it when work gets in the way of fishing?

I was only able to get out on the water "sporadically" since October, but here's some highlights...

Pueblo:

Blue River:

Frying Pan:

Now that winter is in full effect, I'm hoping to get out on the water more! The pictures from the Pan are from last Sunday. I love how the weather drives a lot of fisherman away! I was the only person up there and I had the toilet bowl to myself all morning!

I'm looking foward to more winter fishing! I only wish that the Blue in Silverthorne had a little more flow...

cattech89

Reaction score
Great pics Vitesse!
Glad to see you got out and were successful.
Thanks for sharing. I'm quite jealous!

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
Nice fish. Number three is a bruiser. I made it up there this last Fall and didn't even get a chance to wet a line. Drove down the Blue through Silverthorne. That was actually choice number two for getting a couple of quick casts in, but I ended up bringing the rod for nothing. It was a big family thing and you know how those things go. :rolleyes:

cptxkirk

Reaction score
Ugh...don't you hate it when work gets in the way of fishing?

I was only able to get out on the water "sporadically" since October, but here's some highlights...

Pueblo:

Blue River:

Frying Pan:

Now that winter is in full effect, I'm hoping to get out on the water more! The pictures from the Pan are from last Sunday. I love how the weather drives a lot of fisherman away! I was the only person up there and I had the toilet bowl to myself all morning!

I'm looking foward to more winter fishing! I only wish that the Blue in Silverthorne had a little more flow...
I'll be in town from the 23rd through the 2nd. Lets go fish!

chauncey

Reaction score
So Im thinking about taking my father-in-law and brother-in-law up to fish the blue next week (Christmas week). Ive been hearing that fishing below Dillon is where its at right now, but we may just fish through the mall area and let the women shop (haven't decided yet).

vitesse304

Reaction score
So Im thinking about taking my father-in-law and brother-in-law up to fish the blue next week (Christmas week). Ive been hearing that fishing below Dillon is where its at right now, but we may just fish through the mall area and let the women shop (haven't decided yet).
Below GM is better. Flows are at about 150, perfect for that stretch. In town is fishing ok. Still lots of fish, they are just very picky and the fishing is VERY technical. Drop down to 6x and 7x tippet and expect a few break off's.

Good luck and post up a review!

shortyb

Reaction score
Blue has some real pigs in it. I get a little jealous seeing all the nice pics from friends on fb.

Nice pics can't wait to fly fish in Colorado someday soon.

kosa

Reaction score
Those pan pics are killing me right now - one of my fav winter spots. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, I'll be able to be out there.

And that 25 incher isn't real - that's just a fantastic photographer, plus the fact that you have skinny, little fingers :D

bassguitarplayer

Reaction score
Glad to see you out fishing again!! I did some winter fishing at Deckers last week and caught a nice looking brown. Maybe we could meet up on the Blue one of these days?

vitesse304

Reaction score
Those pan pics are killing me right now - one of my fav winter spots. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, I'll be able to be out there.

And that 25 incher isn't real - that's just a fantastic photographer, plus the fact that you have skinny, little fingers :D
I will admit...I did have an amazing photographer.

Heal up soon...I'm thinking of hitting the Pan again. I spent the holidays down in Pueblo and it was fishing OK...but none of those fish were making my reel sing like those pigs from the Pan!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Glad to see you out fishing again!! I did some winter fishing at Deckers last week and caught a nice looking brown. Maybe we could meet up on the Blue one of these days?
How was Deckers? I keep wanting to go, but I really seem to have bad luck down there so I tend to despise the place...

The Blue in town isn't fishing like it really should...hopefully this colder weather has helped ease up the pressure on it. Fishing is technical, but tougher than years past...

bassguitarplayer

Reaction score
The day I went to Deckers there were a few guys out there. I was surprised it was crowded even in winter. That place is always crowded. I had a bite early on when the sun was out, but I actually landed a decent sized brown under one of those bridges past the tackle store when the weather turned really cold.

Too bad The Blue isn't fishing well in town. How is it below GM reservoir? Looks like you caught a few there.