Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!

Default I'm back!

Ugh...don't you hate it when work gets in the way of fishing?

I was only able to get out on the water "sporadically" since October, but here's some highlights...

Pueblo:

Blue River:

Frying Pan:

Now that winter is in full effect, I'm hoping to get out on the water more! The pictures from the Pan are from last Sunday. I love how the weather drives a lot of fisherman away! I was the only person up there and I had the toilet bowl to myself all morning!

I'm looking foward to more winter fishing! I only wish that the Blue in Silverthorne had a little more flow...
    My fishing in Colorado Blog: http://coloradofly.blogspot.com//

2. Likes shortyb liked this post

Great pics Vitesse!
    Glad to see you got out and were successful.
    Thanks for sharing. I'm quite jealous!
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: I'm back!

Nice fish. Number three is a bruiser. I made it up there this last Fall and didn't even get a chance to wet a line. Drove down the Blue through Silverthorne. That was actually choice number two for getting a couple of quick casts in, but I ended up bringing the rod for nothing. It was a big family thing and you know how those things go.

Quote Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
    Ugh...don't you hate it when work gets in the way of fishing?

I was only able to get out on the water "sporadically" since October, but here's some highlights...

Pueblo:

Blue River:

Frying Pan:

Now that winter is in full effect, I'm hoping to get out on the water more! The pictures from the Pan are from last Sunday. I love how the weather drives a lot of fisherman away! I was the only person up there and I had the toilet bowl to myself all morning!

I'm looking foward to more winter fishing! I only wish that the Blue in Silverthorne had a little more flow...
    I'll be in town from the 23rd through the 2nd. Lets go fish!

So Im thinking about taking my father-in-law and brother-in-law up to fish the blue next week (Christmas week). Ive been hearing that fishing below Dillon is where its at right now, but we may just fish through the mall area and let the women shop (haven't decided yet).

Great fish pics!!
    "We regarded it as our family river....and I surrender it now only with great reluctance."

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    So Im thinking about taking my father-in-law and brother-in-law up to fish the blue next week (Christmas week). Ive been hearing that fishing below Dillon is where its at right now, but we may just fish through the mall area and let the women shop (haven't decided yet).
    Below GM is better. Flows are at about 150, perfect for that stretch. In town is fishing ok. Still lots of fish, they are just very picky and the fishing is VERY technical. Drop down to 6x and 7x tippet and expect a few break off's.

Good luck and post up a review!
    My fishing in Colorado Blog: http://coloradofly.blogspot.com//

Blue has some real pigs in it. I get a little jealous seeing all the nice pics from friends on fb.

Nice pics can't wait to fly fish in Colorado someday soon.

Those pan pics are killing me right now - one of my fav winter spots. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, I'll be able to be out there.

And that 25 incher isn't real - that's just a fantastic photographer, plus the fact that you have skinny, little fingers

Glad to see you out fishing again!! I did some winter fishing at Deckers last week and caught a nice looking brown. Maybe we could meet up on the Blue one of these days?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast