Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Short Winter Video

Default Short Winter Video

I really despise winter. I do all that I can to stay happy but the more and more winters I spend here in the Rockies the more and more I want to be down south where I can feel the sand between my toes and watch a tarpon roll or a Red tail. I would like cold to mean 50 with a slight breeze, not 7 below with a 31 below wind chill. Call me soft...I was watching the webcams in Fort Myers today and to see them near naked playing volleyball on the beach while I am contemplating taking the kids ice fishing.....Blehk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHSZrB19wQM

2. Likes rubberguy liked this post

Default Re: Short Winter Video

Great video! I like the iceberg!
    - William

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I feel your pain. Actually you have it better than I do. I went and got a few casts in today. I was just practicing for distance in the road in front of my house. It's the first time in days it has even been close to warm at a whopping 20 above! All the water here is frozen solid. I can drive the truck on the lake now and probably the river to. I know you can in the bay in town. That's been frozen solid longer than the lake and it didn't get blown into ice cubes like the lake did. It had 6 inches of ice and a wind storm busted it up. I've seen it bust up with 8 inches. I have a good 3 1/2 months of winter left. That talk of sand and Tarpon sounds better by the day.

Nice video by the way.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

I was trying to find the Acura commercial they did up here, but couldn't. It ended with, "If you can find a place colder than Baudette, you don't need a new car. You need a new place to live." It made our tourism board madder than all get out. There is actually a lot of cold weather testing done here because it gets colder here than anywhere just about. It warms up drivin North at least for a long long way.

I did find this though; Winter Testing with Acura - Consumer Feature - Truck Trend

5. Likes fredaevans, mcnerney liked this post

That's funny DD, I was actually thinking of you when I made that video...I thought "I got it pretty easy" compared to you.

Winter is only a week in and it feels like its been three months already.

I love the eddying iceberg, it reminds me of that show Wipeout, where contestants have to make it through a crazy obstacle course!

If able to avoid the wind, I will take the snow and cold any winter day as opposed to the saltwater desert, sand dunes and trees that look like dandelions.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by cochise View Post
    That's funny DD, I was actually thinking of you when I made that video...I thought "I got it pretty easy" compared to you.

Winter is only a week in and it feels like its been three months already.
    A week in!!!!! Holy smoke! We are a couple months into it here. Easily. All of November was colder than heck and a a good chunk of September. I have seen years where we were not really out of it till well into May. I think it has something to do with the jetstream. For some reason it drops off the cold where it takes the turn back North. There is one real cold spot that goes from here to International Falls and is pretty much round. It warms up driving North. How wrong does that seem?