Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Start of Spring in Colorado

Nice. That one pretty fish looks 100% colored up bow to me. I'm jealous.

I did some recon on the Big T the last two days. Most of the river is ice free except for some of the shadier sections. Caught some nice rainbows and a decent brown at the Big T tailwater on #20-24 midges.

Lakes are pretty much iced off, might go hit a few reservoirs today from shore. Being underemployed has its perks!

Instagram page @tblom77

I too have had some good luck on the Poudre this week. Made it up the canyon earlier and ice is starting to come off quickly. Planning on spending the weekend up there, but this could put a damper on my plans.

Firefighters battle Soldier Canyon Fire west of Fort Collins | The Coloradoan | coloradoan.com

live in the south, but have a second home in Durango Co. Hope to be there full time some day!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderninja View Post
    I too have had some good luck on the Poudre this week. Made it up the canyon earlier and ice is starting to come off quickly. Planning on spending the weekend up there, but this could put a damper on my plans.

Firefighters battle Soldier Canyon Fire west of Fort Collins | The Coloradoan | coloradoan.com
    Oh, fantastic. Fire season has already started? Is it that dry up there? It is March for goodness sake. My friends in Colorado always talk about mud season and big snows in the spring. Wow, crazy. Hope you can still get a bit of fishing in.
    ditch, creek, stream or river...let me cast

Talking Re: Start of Spring in Colorado

Spring has arrived in the Vail Valley. With temps. reaching into the 60's this week a lot of the Eagle River has started to open up. I was out the other day from about 4 to 6 pm on a favorite hole and figured as the bows start to get into their spawn groove id try to "peg some beads". I was able to bring in 2 18+" on the egg and another few on a #22 blk zebra midge and a #24 grey fw rs2. Tight Lines!

Quote Originally Posted by troutcomegetit View Post
    Oh, fantastic. Fire season has already started? Is it that dry up there? It is March for goodness sake. My friends in Colorado always talk about mud season and big snows in the spring. Wow, crazy. Hope you can still get a bit of fishing in.
    Yeah, its pretty dry up in northern CO at least. Doesn't look good for the summer; but fishing was fantastic last weekend and they have the fire at 75% containment. Just going to have to fish as much as I can.

live in the south, but have a second home in Durango Co. Hope to be there full time some day!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderninja View Post
    Yeah, its pretty dry up in northern CO at least. Doesn't look good for the summer; but fishing was fantastic last weekend and they have the fire at 75% containment. Just going to have to fish as much as I can.
    Fish early and fish hard! Cheers
    ditch, creek, stream or river...let me cast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12