Floating Colorado - Pumphouse

hike2fish

Reaction score
Hey All,

We are planning on floating the Upper C from Pumphouse to Radium on June 1-2. With the later run off than last year do u think it will be fishable or should we look elsewhere to float fish that weekend from Denver? I've only floated this section later in the summer for fishing but was hping to get into some salmon flies at the beginning of June.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

fishnskiguy

Reaction score
Bad news. 95% chance it will be blown out this year. It looks like chocolate milk right now and there is still a ton of snow up high.

Another Chris

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

hike2fish

Reaction score
The gauge for pumphouse still is low at 750 cfs....is this correct or a broken gauge? I've heard some evidence of stone's coming off but don't want to make the trip if its actually in the 1,000's like I would expect this time of year for the whitewater guys.

fishnskiguy

Reaction score
You may be in luck.

Due to last year's drought all, and I mean all, of the upstream reservoirs are holding back all of this year's run off to refill the lakes.

Pump House to Radium looks much better than I would have expected. Not clear, but fishable.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.

Chris