Float Tubing in Yellowstone Grand Teton Area

flyfishmich

Reaction score
Anybody have the name of a small lake or good sized pond that holds fish that might be below 10000FT of elevation that would be good for a float tube fishing?

I am heading to Yellowstone for 3 days and Jackson hole for 7. I plan on some wading fishing but wouldn't mind some float time.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Get yourself a copy off Nate Schweber's "Fly Fishing YNP" he details a number of small lakes that would be good for a tube.

flyfishmich

Reaction score
No, he is talking about Henry's Lake just to the west of West Yellowstone. Also Hebgen Lake, just to the north.
thanks. I was thinking that a kick tube floating down the river might be a new type of adventure. Maybe I'd try it without a fly rod and with a helmet.

thanks for the info. I can't wait to get out there.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks. I was thinking that a kick tube floating down the river might be a new type of adventure. Maybe I'd try it without a fly rod and with a helmet.

thanks for the info. I can't wait to get out there.
LOL! I have heard of guys trying that on the Green below Flaming Gorge, but after you have seen all the obstacles and rapids, I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to live a long life. :D

On a serious side, if you plan on fishing Henry's Lake or Hebgen Lake, I would recommend you stop into one of the fly shops in West Yellowstone and getting some serious advice on flies and tactics.