Fly Fishing with the Grandson!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Last Monday my son and I took the grandson out for a float on the Grey Reef section of the North Platte using a guided float from the North Platte Lodge. My grandson isn't quite six yet, but he is a certified fishing nut who loves fishing for smallmouth bass and crappies on a local pond. This was his first trip on a boat and a first for catching trout. His casting is coming along fine, just needs a little more finese on the hook setting and fighting trout. None of us knew what to expect but it turned out to be a great day with lots of wildlife spotted along the river, even a praire rattlesnake trying to swim across in that cold water. Here are a few of the photos.

imxer

Reaction score
Last Monday my son and I took the grandson out for a float on the Grey Reef section of the North Platte using a guided float from the North Platte Lodge. My grandson isn't quite six yet, but he is a certified fishing nut who loves fishing for smallmouth bass and crappies on a local pond. This was his first trip on a boat and a first for catching trout. His casting is coming along fine, just needs a little more finese on the hook setting and fighting trout. None of us knew what to expect but it turned out to be a great day with lots of wildlife spotted along the river, even a praire rattlesnake trying to swim across in that cold water. Here are a few of the photos.

----------------------

-----------------------------
Larry,

Life and memories just do not get any better than this. :)

Paul

chased

Reaction score
Larry this is really awesome! Your grandson is going to be a fishing fool! By the looks of it, he already is. Your son and grandson look A LOT like you.

Chase