Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Pa-Co-Chu-Puk River Ridgway Colorado

With the recent monsoons dirtying up all the free running waters, I braved the cold waters (and weather) of the local reservoir tail waters of the Pa-Co-Chu-Puk today. This is usually a highly populated river but I figured being a Thursday I may get a break. Well, I did. I made my way to the lower ends of the park and had about a half mile section all to myself. I usually fish the upper part towards the res as that where the higher population of fish are, along with the anglers. Ridgway is a lesser known area of SW Colorado and has many fly fishing opportunities. This river spawns from the bottom of the reservoir so the water is always clear and cold. Caught several rainbows along with a decent cutt. Most where on crazy legs but did get a few off a hopper.

Default Re: Pa-Co-Chu-Puk River Ridgway Colorado

Dang! That's the exact spot I fished about two weeks ago and I didn't catch anything that big. I caught a few bows but the biggest was about 1.5lbs maybe. Nice fish!
    There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind. ~Washington Irving

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.