Looking for a new spot...

pjosh6

Reaction score
hey fellas... I'm looking for a few new spots to check out in the next few weeks... I'm wanting to catch either some nice cutthroats or brookies... Not asking for your favorite spots just a direction to check out...

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

pjosh6

Reaction score
Yeah that might help huh... I live east of pueblo Colorado... So looking something southern Colorado or northern NM...

the_infidel

Reaction score
you can go to the Dolores, Elk Creek (awesome place) The creek that flows out of San Isabell lake, cant remember the name, make the drive to gunnison and fish the taylor, east, and guny. alot of options out there, I am from P-town myself

goblueco1

Reaction score
Although I am sure that you have fished it but the Dream Stream is a great stretch that offers the ability to catch many species of trout and large ones at that! You could also head to the Yampa although that is not southern, CO

pjosh6

Reaction score
I haven't hit the dream stream yet.. I have hit 11 mile up there and had fun... Thanks infidel for the ideas... Maybe ill check out up around Isabel this week.

trout champ

Reaction score
I hear the koke's are running hard over in Gunnison. The Taylor is also fishing pretty well. Not cutts or brookies, but lots of fun.

With the recent rains some of those small creeks may be still blown out. And snow in the high country might have put any cutts down.

I would head to Buena Vista and check out Cottonwood Creek flowing into Cottonwood Lake. If you go up high enough you will run into several beaver ponds filled with cutts and brookies. Also check out Ptarmigan Lake and Denny Creek. They are all in the same area, just on different sides of Jones Mountain.

Randy

pjosh6

Reaction score
Thanks champ.. I might try gunnison in the next few weeks.. I have been wanting to check that area out for awhile...
I have first elk season out by the conejos so i will be there in 3 weeks any ways.. And will take my gear to try some fishing over there...

pjosh6

Reaction score
Headed up too San Isabel to take kiddos and wife camping for the weekend.. Will check out that creek that flows out of it..