Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Great Falls, Montana
    Posts
    122

    Default Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Had a back up rod break on me this weekend (during mid cast of all times). Has this happened to anyone who could explain that to me? I'm stumped. Also, anyone know how quickly Orivs gets their rods back out of the repair shop?
    "We regarded it as our family river....and I surrender it now only with great reluctance."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Breckenridge Colorado
    Posts
    644

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    YES...Had it happen one time. It was not an Orvis though.

    I probably nicked the blank up somewhere along the line.

    Not sure what the time frames will be.
    Last edited by waterfordcreek; 10-01-2013 at 05:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Great Falls, Montana
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    WFC,

    thanks, this is the reason why I try to have as many rods as possible
    "We regarded it as our family river....and I surrender it now only with great reluctance."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wasilla / Skwentna, Alaska
    Posts
    15,248
    Blog Entries
    111

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Where did it break? Sometimes the break location helps to further the accuracy of the guess about why it broke.

    Ard

    Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

    Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

  5. Likes fredaevans liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
    Posts
    10,670

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Where did it break? Sometimes the break location helps to further the accuracy of the guess about why it broke.

    Ard
    An 'add on' to Ard's question: Is the break a 'shatter' or a fairly clean circle?

    Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

  7. #6

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by long bow View Post
    Had a back up rod break on me this weekend (during mid cast of all times). Has this happened to anyone who could explain that to me? I'm stumped. Also, anyone know how quickly Orivs gets their rods back out of the repair shop?
    6-8 weeks.

    I called at 8 weeks and they ended up sending me a new rod since I had already waited 8 weeks and they were still waiting on parts to fix my rod.
    My fishing in Colorado Blog: http://coloradofly.blogspot.com//

  8. Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Agree, 6 to 8 weeks. Broke my Helios....7 weeks to get it back.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    I broke the tip on my SFT twice and both times I shipped it to Orvis for repair it took around 3 or 4 weeks, including shipping time to them, before I had the rod back. They replaced the tip section both times and I shipped it to them via whatever 5-ish day ground UPS had that was the least expensive.

  10. Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwtalso View Post
    I broke the tip on my SFT twice and both times I shipped it to Orvis for repair it took around 3 or 4 weeks, including shipping time to them, before I had the rod back. They replaced the tip section both times and I shipped it to them via whatever 5-ish day ground UPS had that was the least expensive.
    I don't know when thee last time you sent the rod in, as I broke a rod about 5 years ago and the same 3 to 4 weeks, but last year I broke the Zero and again, 6 weeks. A client broke the T3 again 6 weeks. It has got longer even in the winter months.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    I don't know when thee last time you sent the rod in, as I broke a rod about 5 years ago and the same 3 to 4 weeks, but last year I broke the Zero and again, 6 weeks. A client broke the T3 again 6 weeks. It has got longer even in the winter months.
    First time was September last year (2012), the following was November last year. But I realized after sending my post that they just had to replace a tip section. That might fall into a faster service loop than other kinds of repairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Orvis warranty
    By rickf in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 05:10 PM
  3. How is Winstons turn around time for waranty work?
    By Cool Hand Hodge in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 01:48 PM
  4. my turn
    By Rip Tide in forum Saltwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
  5. Orvis Warranty
    By battnkll07 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •