Headed back to Idaho.

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like this area so much and my wife has a few days off from work so we are headed back up to Yellowstone country.

I will be on the banks of the Henry's Fork tomorrow. We will no doubt hit the Madison to see if more fish have been on the move.

Maybe the Park will open in the next few days and I will get to fish the Madison just inside the park, one of my favorite stretches.

Hope to find us a nice little place up there. I will have the cameras rolling and will report my findings upon my return.

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
I fished the stretch that you mentioned this year for the first time, very good water. Had a blast. Of course that was much before the Gov shutdown. Looking forward to hearing about the trip...

lake flyer

Reaction score
If the shutdown in the park extends through the brown trout spawning season will this improve the fishing for the next couple of years?

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
If the shutdown in the park extends through the brown trout spawning season will this improve the fishing for the next couple of years?
:confused::confused::confused:

What does this have to do with coshise visiting the area to look for property? No hijacks allowed :D

Kelly.

dhayden

Reaction score
Not likely he'll be able to access YNP. Bit on TV this morning showing the Park Service turning away autos at the enterence points. Bummer! But looks like our fellow has several great alternative plans.

fae
Yup - you need a residence pass to get through to Cooke City (from Gardiner entrance)

dhayden

Reaction score
Remember reading a comment (Google News?) that there were 15 tourists 'trapped' in the town and weren't (at that point) being allowed to leave.
Yes, because there was a storm that closed the Beartooth Highway... normally - that road to Gardiner is open 365 days, it's the only winter access to the town.. it's open now, so they can leave, not sure how long it was closed for

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I am back from the trip. I know this may seem weird but it was the most successful fishing trip I have ever taken without ever getting the rods out of the car.

Yes, all that water, all those miles and all those hours, not one time did I fish.

But we did find a great little oasis in the northern area of East Idaho. We put in an offer and we are waiting for the details to unravel.

Keep your fingers crossed. I hope to have the place up and going and ready for anyone who is traveling that way to see what great things that area of the fishing world holds in store.

Shady title stuff may kill the deal but if it all straightens out we are golden. The title company is doing their magic and we are hopeful.

This little gem is 15 minutes away, so are many other great rivers, streams and lakes. This place is incredible as it seems like around every bend in the road is another incredible fishing location.

M

mridenour

That looks like an excellent location. I hope it all works out and it is great that you are wanting to share it with others!

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
Best of luck on the pending deal… Living in Boise, I often make the 5 hour trip to the North East area of the state. It is an amazing location for the out-doorsman.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Well, I am back from the trip. I know this may seem weird but it was the most successful fishing trip I have ever taken without ever getting the rods out of the car.

Yes, all that water, all those miles and all those hours, not one time did I fish.

But we did find a great little oasis in the northern area of East Idaho. We put in an offer and we are waiting for the details to unravel.

Keep your fingers crossed. I hope to have the place up and going and ready for anyone who is traveling that way to see what great things that area of the fishing world holds in store.

Shady title stuff may kill the deal but if it all straightens out we are golden. The title company is doing their magic and we are hopeful.

This little gem is 15 minutes away, so are many other great rivers, streams and lakes. This place is incredible as it seems like around every bend in the road is another incredible fishing location.

Best of luck in your quest.

Love this little corner of the world, spent many hours upstream of here walking the banks looking for big noses.

This view brings back a great memory too....it's where I proposed to Mrs fysh.:)