Colorado (front range) meet and fish day?

sndmn11

Reaction score
Is there any interest in Colorado forum members organizing a get together and fish day?
I think it might be nice to meet some members here that post regularly, as well as provide a mentoring/learning opportunity for those who are new to the hobby and may use this forum to read and rarely post. Also, it may give some the one of a kind chance to fish rods, reels, lines, etc that they are interested in, or learn new techniques.
What do you guys think?

sndmn11

Reaction score
Was thinking the best approach would be to find out how many are interested, shoot for around mid-late August, and figure out based on how many people there are and their locations what river would be the right size and distance.
Suggestions?
So far, interest from 4....
jhardin, where are you located?

jhardin80

Reaction score
Was thinking the best approach would be to find out how many are interested, shoot for around mid-late August, and figure out based on how many people there are and their locations what river would be the right size and distance.
Suggestions?
So far, interest from 4....
jhardin, where are you located?
In Colorado Springs.

I would have to see about August but don't let that hold anyone up.

I will be going camping/fishing August 7th thru the 10 and August 21st thru the 24th.

If you guys plan it on those times then I'll catch the next go around. :)

j4son

Reaction score
This sounds like a really great idea, I'm definitely interested! Just moved to Colorado 2 months ago, started fly fishing at about the same time. I'm in Arvada.

sndmn11

Reaction score
August 16/17, how does that work for everybody?
Suggestions on a river? I have a place in mind about an hour and half from Denver....
Anybody willing to car pool?

agate

Reaction score
August 16/17, how does that work for everybody?
Suggestions on a river? I have a place in mind about an hour and half from Denver....
Anybody willing to car pool?
Are you still planning on this meet?
Any response?

garybrower

Reaction score
Aug 16/17 would probably work for me. Of course the problem with the weekends is that, within an hour-and-a-half of Denver, we'll have more folks than this forum on the water with us regardless of where we were to meet.

sndmn11

Reaction score
Yes, I still think it would be fun!
It looks like 6ish now?
Questions for those interested.....for me at least it would be easiest to sort through the answers if you follow the below format, rather than trying to sort through sentences. Let's gets this discussed so that plans can be made for those who need to plan them.
1) Aug 16 or 17 preference?
2) Area you live in? (helpful for those who wish to car pool)
3) Are you ok walking a 1/2 mile to reach the water?
4) Are you willing to car pool?
5) Preferred meet/start time
6) Preferred end time? (helpful for those who wish to car pool)
7) How far are you willing to travel?
8) Idea on where to fish? (please discuss here)
9) Miscellaneous

Example (my answers)
1) Sat 8/16
2) SW Jeffco/Littleton, C470& Ken Caryl
3) Yes, I am ok walking and also ok with parking at the water (no preference)
4) Yes to car pool
5) I would like to be on the water at or before 7am, earlier if possible.
6) Sundown
7) If car pooling 3-4hrs, if driving myself 2hr
8) Yes. A public river that is an hour and a half west of the heart of Denver that shall remain nameless on this public forum because it does not receive much pressure. PM me if you are participating in this thread and I will happily share. South Platte? Blue? Big Thompson? etc all are viable but may have crowding issues
9) I think for those coming from the front range we could possibly meet at the dinosaur parking lots at I-70 and the Morrison exit. I think this would work best if there were a big enough parking lot for all to park at, as opposed to something like most of the Deckers area which has mostly one or two vehicle pullouts. I would be happy to pay for the majority of the fuel cost to ride with someone. Where I am thinking is about 1/3rd of a mile from a dirt road to the river, and then there are a couple miles of public water. An acquaintance fished it two or three Saturdays ago and saw no other anglers. Yes there are also genuine live trouts. I would be a-ok meeting a car pooler as early as 5am. If we fished my idea, id prefer to leave the dinosaur lot at 530.

Last edited:

Matt4.0

Reaction score
I can't do the 16-17 weekend, but would like to meet up another weekend if this happens again!

sndmn11, pm incoming about this "secret" spot :D