Glenwood Springs, CO Fly Fishing Access Map

dryfly307

Reaction score
In my experience freestone rivers at high elevation can get super low in that time of year since it doesn't get warm enough to melt significant amounts of snow to feed the rivers. Not sure if they have tail waters down there but that'd be what I would look for.

WHOOPS, just realized this comment was in the wrong post!!! Hahahaha don't take that advice seriously!

Last edited:

brooktroutman1475

Reaction score
Are there any other websites that offer the same kind of information on other rivers in CO? I plan to go to Breckenridge area in 2020 and would love to have a trail map with fishable waters on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleBigHorn

Reaction score
This is super helpful. I'll be heading back to CO in 2020 as well, wondering if there's anything like this for Frying Pan?

dave b

Reaction score
Thank you, we will be coming over to the USA from the UK in September to fish Colorado around Avon/Glenwood area for 10 days. Great information. Thanks Dave

Matt4.0

Reaction score
This is super helpful. I'll be heading back to CO in 2020 as well, wondering if there's anything like this for Frying Pan?
I believe the local shops in Basalt have maps but I’m not sure about online versions (I’m sure they exist I’m just not sure where). With that said, the private sections on the Pan are pretty clearly marked throughout the canyon...I’d check in with one of the shops, get their feedback and maybe buy a few flies, and head upriver. It’s a great place to fish.

manderson2228

Reaction score
Bunch of good shops in that area. Don't skip out on the frying pan, just because the roaring fork is there!!!

Davebuech

Reaction score
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Yep, at least one fly shop in Basalt has a FryingPan map that names all the holes/runs/riffles on the river in case you wanted to know, as well as the public /private sections. As mentioned above, private lands are all pretty well marked these days.