Cutthroat country

southwestangler

Reaction score
Made it to the Bighorn mountains and Upper Clarks Fork for some great fishing. Upper Clarks Fork is a beautiful river and hard not to fish when passing by. The past couple of years I manage 20 fish in a day but none over 12" full of small planted rainbow and brooks.

Great fishing to everyone this summer!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I have been wanting to hit the Clarks Fork sometime. This weekend I fished with Steve (aka waycool) and he is headed up there to fish it and the North Fork of the Shoshone, I sure hope he does a trip report when he returns home to NM. Congrats on the great looking fish, Cutts are hard to beat for their beauty.

gbanker

Reaction score
Had similar fishing there (Upper Clarks Fork)several years ago. The tributaries , Crandall, etc also have some fish. The North Fork is also a nice stream. Last time I fished it it was a couple of hours walk out as the fish just kept biting.

donquixote

Reaction score
Howdy SouthwestAngler,
I see you found my playground! Pilot and Index peaks in that 3rd pic, looks like just above where Pilot Creek dumps in. Smaller rainbows and brookies all the way up to the state line. Some of the little box canyons hold some 14-16 inch rainbows, but not many. But what a beautiful stretch of water. Good place to run up on a moose....or a bear. Glad you enjoyed it.
Where did ya fish up in the Big Horns....pics kinda look like the way upper Tongue.

chechem

Reaction score
Howdy SouthwestAngler,
I see you found my playground! Pilot and Index peaks in that 3rd pic, looks like just above where Pilot Creek dumps in. Smaller rainbows and brookies all the way up to the state line. Some of the little box canyons hold some 14-16 inch rainbows, but not many. But what a beautiful stretch of water. Good place to run up on a moose....or a bear. Glad you enjoyed it.
Where did ya fish up in the Big Horns....pics kinda look like the way upper Tongue.
I'm taking Crandall notes: 14-16 inch Bows; box canyon; ... :D