Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Slough Creek in August

Will be fishing Slough in mid-August and am wondering if one can fish it from the bank, or should I pack in waders and boots to get in the water. Only plan on fishing the first meadow due to lack of time. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Slough Creek in August

Quote Originally Posted by louisd View Post
    Will be fishing Slough in mid-August and am wondering if one can fish it from the bank, or should I pack in waders and boots to get in the water. Only plan on fishing the first meadow due to lack of time. Thanks.
    In August it should be warm enough for wet wading. I'd just bring my boots and jump in if the need arises. I generally wet wade this area from the beginning of July through mid to late September. The only exception would be rainy weather which tends to cool things down quite a bit. Might be a bit chilly first thing in the morning but generally warms up quickly. But this is just my opinion.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

I also think you would be fine 'wet wading', besides the waders will just slow ya down when that Big Ol'Grizz gets too close.

Take plenty of hoppers! and a little variety too.

We fished Slough Creek last year in August and done very well, first Cutty was 20 inches!!!! Hooked it with a Mr.Copper streamer....... on this stream yo need to hit it early in the morning but breathable waders will work great and you can wear shorts under them and change out if it gets to warm! The upper section is tough going.....rocks are very slick!!!!!!!! ADams Parachute size #14's and 16's worked good as the sun came up.......Have fun! Godbless! Have posted the Cutty on the Gallery...
    Lambster
    www.georgiaflyguide.com/
    Hello all! I've been looking for a flyfishing forum.........

Quote Originally Posted by Lambster View Post
    We fished Slough Creek last year in August and done very well, first Cutty was 20 inches!!!! Hooked it with a Mr.Copper streamer....... on this stream yo need to hit it early in the morning but breathable waders will work great and you can wear shorts under them and change out if it gets to warm! The upper section is tough going.....rocks are very slick!!!!!!!! ADams Parachute size #14's and 16's worked good as the sun came up.......Have fun! Godbless! Have posted the Cutty on the Gallery...
    Lambster

You take some very nice pics, what a beautiful place.